Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Have you had your Ritas this week?





Have you had your Rita's this week? 
I bet you think I'm crazy for even saying that.  Yes, I know it's snowing outside but can I tell you... I was heading home to spend some time with my family and I thought "It's a perfect evening to go grab some Rita's and hang out by the fire with my family."  It's cold outside but our houses are a warm yummy place to share some super tasty treats!

By now you know that we have a brand new Rita's in LaVale.  I stopped by there just before Christmas in hopes of catching my Godson at work. (It's his first job)  To my surprise, I happened to stop by on the evening that the CEO of the whole Rita's franchise was visiting with the owners.  I thought, 'you know it's very cool that he's here' and I sat with my daughter for a while and sort of observed the situation.  Then I thought, 'What the heck.  I'm a photographer, I have my camera with me and its the CEO.  I bet they would enjoy having a picture with him.'  Sooo, I went to the table where they were meeting (I really did) and I introduced myself and then asked if I could take a couple pictures of them and their staff with the CEO.

As it turns out, I didn't get to see my Godson, he didn't work that night, but I got to meet the owners of Rita's, John and Terri Dudiak.  They were lovely people and the CEO was very nice as well.  It was a cool visit.
I have a confession.. That visit to Rita's in LaVale was my very first taste of a Rita's and now I'm totally hooked.  I love my ice cream but now I find myself craving the stuff.  It's just so cute and clean and they change their flavors every week.  This evening I stopped and got a nice surprise, buy 2 quarts get 1 free!  Well who is turning that down? Yeah, um.. not me.  I got Chocolate, Cheesecake and Birthday Cake.  All were awesome... but that stupid Birthday Cake.. it's totally addicting.  It's rediculous how good it is!  It's clear I'm going to have to discover a flavor that my family doesn't like so I don't have to share! haha :)
Oh and if you stop by, you gotta say hi to my Godson Ryan.  God Bless him, he will even pose for super cheesy pictures.  I love that boy!
Seriously.. get your Rita's.. its a perfect treat!!  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your feedback. Feel free to post here. Thanks :)